Brooklin Mill Montessori School offers Montessori classes from September to June, following the Durham District school year calendar. Summer School programs are available during July and August. Children are welcome to enrol throughout the year, depending on space availability.
Montessori classes operate in mixed age groupings to encourage children to learn from and respect each other. Our class age groupings overlap to best facilitate each child’s individual needs and pace of development. Placement decisions are done in consultation with parents and depend on each child’s academic and social/emotional readiness.
- Foundations – For infants and young children (ages 8 to 18 months), our ratio of one educator for every 3 children (1:3) helps guide exploration of the carefully prepared learning environment
- Pre-Casa – for toddlers and pre-schoolers (ages 18 months to 3 years) building independence with toileting, this introductory Montessori class has an educator to child ratio of 1:5
- Junior Casa – for pre-school children (ages 2 to 4) who have achieved the toilet-learning milestone, this full Montessori class has an educator to child ratio of 1:8
- Senior Casa & JK/SK Enrichment – for children in their 'kindergarten years', this enriched Montessori class has an educator to child ratio of 1:13
- Elementary – for primary students in grades 1 through 3, this lower elementary Montessori class has an educator to child ratio of 1:13
Hours of Operation:
The school is open from 7 am to 6 pm during the school year.
Summer school programs operate from 7:15 am to 5:30 pm.
Morning Session 8:45 am to 11:45 am
Afternoon Session 12:30 – 3:30 pm
Full-day 8:45 – 3:30
Morning Session 7:00 am to 8:45 am
Afternoon Session 3:30 – 6:00 pm
Half-day programs are available 3, 4, or 5 days per week in the mornings or afternoons.
Full-day program schedules range from a minimum of 10 days per month to 5 days per week. Let’s discuss your family’s needs.
Summer School is offered for 8 weeks during July and August. The summer program is completely flexible for scheduling your family’s vacation time! School School includes light academics, weekly theme-based activities and plenty of outdoor fun! Click here for further information.
Lunches & Snacks:
Our lunch program is optional for students registered in our Senior Casa / Elementary programs, and mandatory (as a condition of licensing) for our Pre-Casa and Junior Casa students attending a full-day class. Our lunches are provided by Choice Children Catering, a family-owned local small business with over 20 years experience. For more information, click here.
Private bus services are available from T.G.T. Inc. Their mini yellow school buses transport children between Brooklin Mill Montessori School and the local Brooklin public and Catholic schools, as well as home addresses in Brooklin. Click here for further information.